Tuesday, September 3, 2019

SOMETHING BIG HAPPENED-THERAPY HAS COME TO AN END

              SOMETHING BIG HAPPENED ðŸ§©

               It might not be big to you, but for me this moment was 6 years of so much hard work from Brendan and his dream team. When he was diagnosed with autism at 13 months old I set out a goal. The goal was for Brendan to be able to go to a typical school and to just live life like a kid is supposed to do. From the age of 1 to 5 years old his life was anything but typical. He had at home therapy 6 days a week for about 40 hours a week. While other kids had play dates he was working hard to just learn to talk, engage with others and to learn simple skills. The therapy was working and he was making unbelievable progress. He entered kindergarten at a typical school however he had full time therapists(aid) in class with him to make sure he had someone to spend the extra time teaching social skills and to help with things like controlling his emotions.

              This year he entered 1st grade at the same typical school with his full time therapists(aid). However the school, his teacher, doctor and team of therapist all decided that he has reached his goal. He no longer need anyone at school with him! HE DID IT! I DID IT! HIS TEAM DID IT! MY FAMILY and FRIENDS DID IT! He told me he feels like such a big boy. I have been a complete emotional wreck since getting a text yesterday from his amazing therapist saying, “just finished my last day with B and he gave me a HUGE HUG while I tried to hold back tears.” That exact moment everything hit me. Every emotion from the feeling of getting his diagnosis to feeling envious of other typical kids, feeling sad on days when autism just got the best of us, to feeling happy when he walked into school for the first time. All happy and sad thoughts just hit me like a ton of bricks. His autism is never going to go away but we made it to a place that so many other kids on the spectrum never get to experience and that is what is making me so emotional.


                He will still have his 2 hours of speech therapy and his weekly feeding therapy. Those won't be going away anytime soon. He also recieves physical therapy for his hyper mobility syndrome. Then all his other activities are also therapy for him. His dance, gymnastics, modeling, acting baseball, basketball and soon he is about to start soccer! He is the busiest kid I know!!  #autism #autismawareness 
                 






3 comments:

karen said...

WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.  my son have been a patient of autism . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my son symptoms. One day when going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from autism,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for my son which i received and he used it as instructed by dr williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the speech delay and the poor eye contact stopped and now he is autism free, I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from autism.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product THANKS TO YOU ONCE AGAIN ADMIN FOR SUCH AN INFORMATIVE BLOG. 

kate said...

As a sign of gratitude on how my son was saved from autism, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My son suffered autism in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have difficulty with communication,and he always complain of poor eye contact  . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to autism . I never imagined autism  has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.autism  has a cure and is a herbal cure,you can contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get this medication, Thanks.

Anonymous said...


At Small Steps, we are brightening the lives of thousands of special students
and their special education needs since 2016 through our Inclusion Centre Dubai,
UAE. We have been deeply engaged in achieving short-term objectives and developing
the long-term growth of our best-in-class inclusion center that empowers students
with autism and related challenges. Our mission as an Inclusion center,professionals
for ABA therapy in Dubai,
Autism therapy in Dubai,
Occupational therapy
in Dubai
, VB MAPP and administrators is clear: to maximize the learning potential of
every student in a welcoming, transparent, and professional environment.