Monday, June 2, 2014

The End of May Wrapped Up with Amazing Progress-Brendan 25 months old today

                 
                I first really want to thank all my family and close friends that reached out to me after my last blog post. It means so much to us to have so much support. I am happy to report that Brendan just had a really good two weeks. It was so fun to watch him make so much progress after such a rough couple weeks. I am learning with kids on the spectrum that life has so many ups and downs. Brendan and his therapist have been working on a lot of basic skills. For example labeling. Which is having him identify objects. Teaching him what a train is, cup, snack etc. Then they have been working on him giving a hug, sitting down when asked, standing up when asked etc. All of the basic skills that typical kids just learn by watching others. Brendan has done really good with his goals this month so I think we will be ready to have new goals soon.

Brendan loves wearing his swim vest around the house. I think he likes the pressure it gives him!

                   We are getting ready to go on a couple vacations this month. Most people would be so excited to go on vacation. Me on the other hand am not looking forward to it. When you have a child with autism traveling isn't so easy or fun. I am actually terrified. We have been pretty much home bound for last couple weeks so Brendan's daily routine is going to be extremely altered. He does really well with his routine at home because he has figured out to communicate in his surroundings. The hardest part is Brendan can't eat any food when we leave the house. So this means going on vacation I have to bring every meal for him which is really hard. This weekend we are headed to Rocky Point with some of our closes friends. Then we will be home for a week and then we are going to San Diego and going to Lego Land and Sea World for the first part of the week. Then we are going to Huntington Beach to meet all of my family from the bay area to celebrate my grandparents 60th anniversary. I am so excited to be reunited with my whole family! Some of the family hasn't met Brendan yet so this is a real treat for us! Plus my daughter Haley will get to celebrate her 7th birthday while we are in California! So wish us luck on our trips and I will have pictures and updates after we return.

This a video of Brendan doing his therapy. My favorite part is Brendan blowing kisses!!!!!

No comments: