Monday, September 23, 2013

September 17th-23rd Brendan 16 months Altec Results


This week as been yet again been an emotional roller coaster. After having my altec interview on Monday, I realized the lady who interviewed me had left a question blank. Which isn't good because this is how these crazy people get us because then they can fill in there own answers with out us knowing. Well this mom here wasn't letting them win. I finally get a hold of the lady Wednesday afternoon and her and I proceed to battle it out on the phone. She was trying to get me to change some of my answers. I wasn't cracking at all. So as we are in the middle of a screaming match she says,"we can fight about this all day but your son has qualified for altec." I just froze and say what omg he got it!! She said yes he needed to score 40 points to qualify and he scored 49! I was so excited. Well my excitement was short lived. I received a phone call from her a couple hours later tell me that her supervisor had to review the application and she is requesting some update information before he can qualify. The information she was asking for was stuff that the therapist don't do until the 6 month reviews. Anyways not to get into what she needed because its complicated she was basically saying if I didn't get this information to her then he wash't going to qualify. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. So that night my parent mentor Trisha(my angel and saving grace) helped me draft letters to my pediatrician and the state. Up again most of the night doing my research so I could know what I was fighting for. My pediatricians letter was what was going to save me and to get the approval. All said and done my pediatrician came through and got me the letter I needed. My pediatrician has honestly been the most help, support and amazing doctor I could ever ask for. I got an email and a phone call Monday(today) letting me know that Brendan officially had gotten ALTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of this fighting and sleepless nights have paid off. This means he will get the 20-30hours a week of aba and the state will pay for it!!!!! We are so excited words just can't explain the feeling! So we enter the beginning of this week on a big high note!
      Reminder about signing up for the walk and purchasing your Team Brendan shirts!

   This is our first year doing a charity walk for autism speaks. This walk helps raise money for treatments, causes and finding a cure. We have created our own team called Team Brendan. We will be walking 1 mile in a group in support of Brendan at tempe beach park. It is on October 27th at 9:30am. This is a walk for the whole family. Strollers and wagons will be allowed however no pets, bikes or scooters are allowed on the walk. I have Team Brendan shirts available for purchase. We would really love for you to join our team and walk. Please register all walkers even babies. When you are on the home page of the website go to the left side and enter Team Brendan and then you can join our team!
Www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/Arizona



No comments: