Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 24-September 29th Brendan 16 months

     
 
    My poor little man has had a cold this week. So he had a couple of days where all he has wanted to do is sit on the couch and snuggle. Which I couldn't love anything more than that. Even with his cold we still had all of his therapy. He actually still did pretty good. Then my daughter had a stomach bug this whole week. She missed a couple of days of school. Then saturday morning Brendan came down with the stomach bug. So needless to say it was a rough week in the Schroeder house.
        Brendan has started to get a little more vocal and he is trying to say words. He is trying to say a again, he uses the phrase for everything. He has also made the moo sound for a cow. But he has also stopped saying words. He hasn't said momma in over a week. It makes me sad and scared that he may not say it again. I know it is typical for children with autism to lose a skill when another skill is gained but I can't help but get worried. He learned to climb out the dog door so al he wants to do is go outside. I officially can no longer sneeze without having him run away!


         On a good note this week I submitted a brief little saying to Autism Speaks Arizona blog. They were asking us to tell us why we are walking. I sent a picture of Brendan and said he was diagnosed at 13 months and that I was excited to start the tradition of walking every year with my family. I had no idea they would send it to there national Facebook page. I just happen to come across his picture on autism speaks page. They have 1.1 million people following the page. I was one proud mom, my goal was to get people to understand early diagnoses and I hope we can do just that. Now the next time you will see Brendan on their national autism speaks page it will be when he is cured and has an amazing journey to share.








No comments: