Monday, November 4, 2013

October 29th-November 4th Halloween Brendan 17-18 months

    

     Now that we have recovered from our Autism Speaks walk it was time to get ready for Halloween! This week we had a couple set backs. The first one was Brendan got a hold of my nephews sippy cup and took a sip which had milk in it. Within an hour Brendan started to get a rash on his cheeks. The rash on his cheeks lasted for 4 days. He also had lots of diarrhea and some irritability for a couple days. This was actually a good lesson for all of us to learn because we all need to keep food and drinks in a designated area when Brendan is around. I know its hard even for Haley to understand and to get used too. I am just thankful he only got one sip.  Then I am still dealing with Brendan's PICA (eating non food). He ate more weird things this week. This is super exhausting to deal with because I am having to follow him around every second of the day. We have some of his therapist trying to help us with it but so far no progress. Then it was time for Halloween. I knew getting Brendan to wear a costume was going to be a challenge. He wanted nothing to do with his head piece. We dressed Haley my daughter as Cruella Deville and Brendan was a dalmatian. They were actually so cute and Haley played the roll of Cruella very well. Brendan didn't actually trick or treat since he can't have any of the candy so he just sat in the wagon and watched all the kids. I have realized with Brendan's food allergies that next year for Halloween I might be the house that gives out toys or pencils. lol
Brendan loves to watch himself in the therapy videos I take of him. He will watch them over and over.

     Brendan turned 18 months on Saturday! It is so hard to believe he is a year and half already. He went to the doctor for his 18 month check up and he did really good. He is still my big growing boy.  He weighs 28lbs 6oz which puts him in the 92% of his age. Then he is in the 90% of his height. He then needed to get his 15 month shots that he never got. He got 3 shots and all he did was whiny for a split second. He is such a tough kid, pain really doesn't faze him.

     Therapy is starting to get more intense this week. Turning 18 months now has so many more skills he should be doing. I have his team of therapist working hard to get his goals in place.


No comments: